The LewisGale Salem Half Marathon is excited to continue our running ambassador program. Running ambassadors are people that have run our race or are interested in our race and have a following on social media. We depend on word of mouth marketing as one way to spread the word about the race. By using ambassadors we can encourage more people from around the region to come out to the LewisGale Salem Half Marathon.
Running ambassadors must have a love of running in a race, have a blog, or significant social media following and goals that align with our vision. In addition, ambassadors are expected to
- Post content to your audience a minimum of three times leading up to the race (at least one month spread apart)
- A post race report within one month of finishing the race
- Participate in our private ambassador Facebook discussion group
- If at another race where Salem Half Marathon has a representative at the expo, help out at the expo for one hour. This can be as simple as standing in for our staff while we take a nature break or doing a Facebook live segment for our race or your blog, etc.
In exchange for helping us promote the LewisGale Salem Half Marathon our running ambassadors will receive
- Two free race entries, one for yourself and one to give away on your blog/site/followers
- Coupon code to share with your followers on social media
- We'll help our audience get to know you better (ex. congratulations to @Jane Smith, one of our rock star ambassadors for running her first marathon, Go Jane!)
- Link from our ambassador page to wherever you like, ex. Facebook, your blog, Instagram
- Private group chat for ambassadors
We're not looking for people that have it all. We are looking for a variety of different folks, young, old, fast, slow, close to Salem and far away. We want people that are broadcasting to different online channels and to their own local running groups. So just because you're not on Instagram or Snapchat or whatever the latest social media platform is, doesn't mean we don't want you. 2024 applications are now open! The application deadline is Sunday, February 18th.