In order to use RunSignup, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, then your browser settings are likely set to not allow cookies. Please try enabling cookies. You can find instructions at https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-cookies/auto.
RACE DAY INFO
You’ve trained for the race now be prepared for race day by taking time to review these Race Day Details.
Full Weekend Schedule
FRIDAY & PRE-RACE DETAILS:
Friday Packet Pick-Up & Registration (Friday, 3-7 p.m.):
· Packet Pick-up will be held behind Olde Salem Brewing Company from 3-7 p.m. on Friday, October 8th.
· We STRONGLY encourage runners to pick up their own race packet on Friday evening. It is important for runners to personally verify their data, but if you are unable to attend you may have someone pick-up for you as long as they have a copy of your driver’s license.
· Onsite Registration Prices: $95 for the Salem Half Marathon; $60 for the Virginia’s Blue Ridge 8K; $25 for the G&H Kids Fun Runs.
Olde Salem Brewing Company:
· Once you pick up your race packet, you may redeem your beer coupon (age 21 and up) at Olde Salem Brewing Company anytime race weekend! Carbo-load the night before, enjoy a recovery drink after the race, or come back on Sunday to enjoy a beer! Don’t forget to participate in the .5k Friday after packet pickup. For a minimum $5 donation, you'll be greeted with a beer, a sticker, and a multitude of cheering onlookers! Come out, have some fun, and support a fantastic cause!
Saturday (Race Day) Packet Pick-Up:
· If you can’t make it to the Farmers Market on Friday, we will have race day packet pick-up from 5:30-7:30am at the Salem Farmers Market right next to the start/finish line. Please leave plenty of time for parking.
· Pre-Race Stretch - Come before the race and get stretched out with other participants. We will lead a stretch beginning at 7:15 in front of the stage in the Farmers Market.
SATURDAY- RACE DAY INFO:
· During big events you want to know your parking options and have a plan in place for the easiest route to access event parking. Follow this link for parking information.
· You can view the entire course online: Half or 8K.
Road Markings & Signage:
· This color-coding will correspond with all signage throughout race day including bibs and arrows along the course. Only follow signs and arrows that match your bib color.
· Salem Half Marathon= Green “All Runners” Signs, Yellow “Half” Signs, Yellow Arrows on the pavement
· Virginia’s Blue Ridge 8k= Green “All Runners” Signs and Blue “8K” Signs, Blue Arrows on the pavement
· There will also be cones and race fencing along your course. For your safety on busy city streets, please stay INSIDE the cones and markers. Runners should also be advised that many roads along the course are OPEN to traffic during the race. For your safety, obey signage, course marshal instructions, traffic laws, and stay to the side of the road when possible.
· ALL RUNNERS MUST YIELD TO EMERGENCY VEHICLES THAT HAVE LIGHTS AND/OR SIRENS ON.
· Aid stations sponsored by local businesses have generously donated volunteer time to help make your experience at the Salem Half Marathon a great one.
· Aid stations will have GATORADE in BLUE cups offered at the first table(s), and WATER in WHITE cups offered at the second table(s)
· GU Gel will be available at mile 8.2 just before the aid station.
· Port-a-toilets are located at the Farmers Market as well as at every aid station.
Bag Drop at Start/Finish Area:
· We’re pleased to provide a complimentary bag drop for all runners. The bag drop will be located inside the ServPro Truck marked “Bag Drop” which will be parked inside the Farmers Market. Runners are asked to place their items in a clear plastic bag with your bib number written on it (or use the bag tag on your race bib). Bags are available at the packet pick-up on Friday as well as at bag drop. All bags are subject to search.
· Sometimes, there are weather events beyond our control. A little rain in the forecast won’t stop us. But if there is a threat of more severe weather, the Salem Half Marathon is dedicated to ensuring the safety of all participants, volunteers, and spectators. Race officials may cancel, delay, or change the event in case of extreme weather or other conditions that may affect the safety and health of participants.
· If you live on or near the race course you have already received a notification of when and where closures along the race course will occur. For racers, please notify your friends and family of where road closures and no parking zones will be so they can easily navigate around the city.
· Medical personnel will be located throughout the course should you need assistance. Water stations will also have direct communication with the medical team. At the finish line, the medical station will be in front of Salem Library (directly across Main Street from the Farmer’s Market). Please take the race at your own pace, and modify your race day plan accordingly based on temperature, weather and course difficulty.
SATURDAY- POST RACE:
CORA Physical Therapy Recovery Zone:
· As you cross the finish line be sure to stop by the Recovery Zone sponsored by CORA Physical Therapy, and Yoga instructor Emilee Hall will be there to help out.
· After crossing the finish line, runners will be ushered through the finish corral into the Farmers Market where they will receive a Chick-Fil-A chicken sandwich, fruit, and drinks. Participants in the Kids Fun Run will receive oranges, bananas, and gluten-free donuts from Corbin’s Confection’s when they finish their race.
· Don’t forget to stop by Olde Salem Brewing Company and redeem your free beer.
· The start/finish line is also located on Main Street in Salem which features great restaurants, bars, and shops. Click here for a full list of downtown restaurants.
· Join us in congratulating all the winners from each race. The award ceremonies will take place on the stage in the Farmers Market at the following times:
· 9:30 a.m.: Virginia’s Blue Ridge 8K Awards
· 11:00 a.m.: Salem Half Marathon Awards
· We need your help to continue to improve the Salem Half Marathon each and every year. This is an event we want to continue to grow and we need your help to get there. Your suggestions for improvements can be submitted through a brief survey that will be emailed to you after the race. Everyone who completes the survey will receive a BIG DISCOUNT off their 2022 entry. We truly value your honest feedback and thank you for your continued support!